Tuesday, November 15, 2011

i feel like julia roberts

there is something about a thigh high boot that instantly evokes the
 Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman in me!
I mean not the im a hooker part but mainly because I feel super powerful and sexy in them.
I definitely think a thigh high boot are a must-have for the season.
That way you can keep your skirts and even shorts active in your colder winter clothes rotation.












Outfit
Sweater: H&M
skirt: Forever 21 see it worn differently HERE
Boots: Pelle Moda via Loehmanns see them up close HERE
Opaque Tights: American Apparel
Bag: Vintage Faux Fur see it HERE in my how to shop vintage purses YOUTUBE video
Sunnies: Ray Ban a fashion STEELE at $77 via Loehmanns

I love not having to put away my tiny skirts for winter..lol. These boots double as pants!

what do you think of the thigh high boot trend?
xo
Monroe
Check me out on:


16 comments:

  1. nice look! those boots are fab
    I love Pretty Woman, great movie

    http://bobbieaustinscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thigh highs are great and i have been looking for myself a pair but never fall in love with the ones i have come across.

    get your pretty women on!

    XX
    Vi from Cali

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love over the knee boots! I am down to three now haha wore out two over the years. You look lovely.

    De,

    Fashion Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. So chic! I'm loving the knit with the sheer whimsical skirt! And that cranberry color is the bizness! Loving the suede boots! xoxo Ty

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant boots! i've been hunting for a perfect pair, yet to find them! well, at least a pair i can afford ha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so nice, I like them! And you look really fab!Nice post!

    Enter the Shopkempt giveaway on my blog!
    Please Follow me on Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  7. YYYAAAAYYYY I'm all for winter ready legs!

    Sunnie
    (.=

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea to match high boots with short skirts and shorts!)
    xx
    Sasha

    http://perfectionistsdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love thigh high boots, I'm wearing some now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so cute!!!


    xoxo form rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love thigh high boots and love this post. I think its funny you made the Julia Roberts reference... check out an article I wrote last year: http://www.examiner.com/fashion-trends-in-washington-dc/thigh-high-boots-are-the-ultimate-must-have-for-fall-2010

    lol
    comme-coco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently got over the knee boots too but mine are flat and I'm liking them!! You're wearing yours well!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look is very well executed. Thigh high boots are hard to pull off, they tend to lean toward the "hooker side, when you don't pair them with the appropriate garments. It is important to have demure, conservative clothing to go with the boots just to balance the "scandalous" factor they bring... Very well done. I am totally copying this look, as a matter of fact I might take it to the office, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin