Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pippin Vintage Jewelry and Home

I vaguely remember visiting this vintage store before when I first moved to New York. It was awesome. I'm so glad I rediscovered this gem. I was overwhelmed as I walked in and saw all the vintage hats and necklaces, cufflinks and rings, old clasp bracelets and lockets. There were drawers full of earrings and bangles and scarfs. I could easily spend a paycheck in this vintage paradise.




I tried on the Havana Hat but of course my head was too big. Damn me and my large skull! This place was just awe inspiring. I loved looking through the chest of little drawers of earrings that were color coded. The black and green drawer had some amazing earrings. To my surprise this gem has a home goods store as well right next door and down a dreamy hall of mirrors, I came to a little house in the middle of Chelsea. It was so neat.







To my surprise it wasn't just home goods but more and more jewelry and hats!


I ended up buying this great ring for $8 Fashion STEELE!!!!!


Pippin Vintage is just lovely. The service was great. It was like walking into a quaint little home yet in the middle of the city. I loved this place. If you are in NYC you have to visit this spot. You will come away with so many gems at great prices. So tonight I'm going to a fashion show..will post pics soon so stay tuned!

112 W. 17th St NYC
212-505-5159

Check out some of my other favorite thrift and vintage NYC spots here and here!!!!

So what do you all think of Pippin Vintage and whats your favorite thrift/vintage spot where you live???

XOXO
Monroe

23 comments:

  1. Monroe...I'm becoming slightly jealous! LOL
    NY has the coolest places ever. Look at all those accessories. I would be BROKE living there, because alot of times I'm an impulse buyer & I dont know when to STOP!!!You are so lucky to live there. We have nothing like that in Florida!

    Prissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I could live in that store! I love these lovely little vintage shops and it looks like there are some really nice pieces in this one. xxx

    http://stripesandscarlets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn it! why can't this store be in London?!

    xx

    theonlycollage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow what a treasure trove of goodies!! I would LOVE to shop there. :) Wish I lived in NYC! The big cities always have the best vintage stores. I remember vintage shopping in Chicago a couple years ago. I spent all day in little shops and still had so many more I wanted to go to! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glamorous!! I will HAVE to stop by there!

    Editor & Chic

    ReplyDelete
  6. drooling over all that jewelry right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that must have been an amazing experience. Makes me wanna hit Montreal Vintage spots, which is equally great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. woooww.. that store is so great!! every items there look awesome.
    I really love those hats, so fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, Great!!!! Awesome shop!!! I need to stop there one day ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks like an amazing store!

    xoxo

    www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn´t mind spending a whole day there...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so jealous!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. so basicallllly
    when are you coming to my place of work?!?!?!?! you're gonna love it! have you ever been?!


    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this place looks so incredible! i will definitely go there next time i'm in new york!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks amazing - hahaha at the hat being too small for your head, thats normally the case with me, my hair is sooo bushy that no hat foits my head aand I just end up looking abnormal loool xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This place looks amazing, like accessory heaven! Wish I had a shop like this in my town!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so wish I could go to any of those stores! They seem so great, I guess I could spend a fortune there, especially on the jewelry!
    BTW: I've a large skull, too *high five* :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kid in a candy store!
    I love places like this :)

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  18. you always find some great vintage places in NY! i'll check 'em out....when the weather starts to get warmer! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh i love vintage!!!! niceee!!!
    thank u for leaving comments on my blog. i appreciate it.
    have a good sunday!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin