Monday, January 31, 2011

Spring Lookbook Pt VII: Stripes and Wedges

I love stripes and think the trend will continue into the Spring season complimenting bold pops of colors. I'm definitely going to keep my Fall strips in my wardrobe for the Spring season. I like billowy shorts as well in soft linens for the Spring. I think the basic denim short will continue to be a Spring favorite but large vintage type shorts will also be in for Spring.
Keeping with the rosette details in an earlier post I love this purse from H&M! So so feminine and can be used as a clutch as well. I also love the larger leather off white bag as well for storing all my items in for those Spring picnics in Central Park.


I love these linen army green shorts I thrifted from Goodwill last summer for less than $5. They are super comfortable and go with just about anything. I like paired them with this soft pastel pink in the Top Shop Chiffon/Suede wedges. Also paired this outfit with a great vintage belt I got here at Beacons Closet in Brooklyn during a thrifting trip.

Color Palette


Keeping with my theme of wood and natural accessories I wanted to include a straw fedora to compliment this outfit. I cant wait for Spring...this is one of my favorite hats! This hat reminds me of one I saw Carrie wear in SATC and I feel so chic when I wear it. This outfit can easily be worn with the the Jessica Simpson Danys as well.

Outfit
Top: H&M see it worn differently HERE is one of my favorite outfit post!!!
Shorts: Thrifted from Goodwill see more thrifted items HERE!!!
Shoes: (Wedges: Top Shop) (Platforms: Jessica Simpson)
Belt: Thrifted from Beacons Closet in Williamsburg Brooklyn
Clutch: H&M
Straw Fedora Hat: Random African Shop

Check out my new online closet and shop till you drop
shopfashionsteelenyc.blogspot.com

XOXO
Monroe

22 comments:

  1. Stripes paired with florals will be my thing, a well chosen hat that will go with everything and light scarves will be my go to accessories for the spring and summer!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a straw fedora. A perfect compliment to a warm weather outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I've been lusting after those shoes for so long, I can perfetly picture how I would wear them now ;)

    xx Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this outfit you put together!!

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those purses are amazing- especially the white floral one! I am loving your spring lookbook so far! xo Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's all fantastic dear!!! amazing wedges :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GAH! You're blog is AMAZING! Love how your outfits all look so stunning but simple! Officially Following! :)

    http://renegadefahion-renegadefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following, baby! Nice blog, I love the palette you have used here, so spring fresh! Thanks for checking my blog. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stripes-they never go out of style and I consider them a classic.

    I had my eye on the H&M clutch but never got round to buying it and now I'm kicking myself because I an't find it anywhere, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. eeeeeeeeeek! LOVE that quilted cream bag! Very Chanel-esque! <3

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. U are bringing me into spring slower with your look books, I love the linen shorts and the clutch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the colors! those wedges were on my birthday wish list last year... never got them and regret it! haha.

    i'm loving your style & taste. i think we have similar taste in shoes... i'm eyeing the messeca coraline wedges on solestruck. they're a beauuut!

    i'm following you... & would love to have you as a follower as well! stop by sometime soon? :)

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shoes and the handbag!

    pls visit and follow my blog on http://myfashionstateofmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you got some lovely items there! love those campbell

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow i love all your style!thanks for sharing this nice post!!the outfits you make are really impressive!i want to following these style!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin